Live ORACLE

if you are Oracle Developer ,than this Blog most likely will make you happy.

About my Blog

This Blog particularized for Oracle Developers ... you will see interesting Codes for SQL , PL/SQL as well as new ideas for Developer Suite and Client Tools that will help you in your professional life ... and I hope I reach for your satisfaction.

About Me

I'm Hany Freedom , 25 years old , I live in EL-Minia City in Egypt , I'm Moderator at ArabOUG.org the best Arabic Forum for ORACLE on the Net. if you interested to know more about me .... just Click Here.

Using a Locator Variable to Identify the Location of an Exception

CREATE OR REPLACE PROCEDURE Loc_var
AS
stmt_no NUMBER;
NAME VARCHAR2(100);
BEGIN
stmt_no := 1; -- designates 1st SELECT statement
SELECT table_name
INTO NAME
FROM user_tables
WHERE table_name LIKE 'ABC%';
stmt_no := 2; -- designates 2nd SELECT statement
SELECT table_name
INTO NAME
FROM user_tables
WHERE table_name LIKE 'XYZ%';
EXCEPTION
WHEN no_data_found THEN
dbms_output.Put_line('Table name not found in query '
||stmt_no);
END;
/



OUTPUT:-

Procedure created.


CALL loc_var(); 


OUTPUT:-

Table name not found in query 1

Call completed.

Share/Save/Bookmark

0 comments:

Post a Comment



Newer Posts Older Posts Home Page
 
http://www.dpriver.com/images/sqlpp-banner-2.png

Thanks for reading my Blog ... you Visitor Number :-