Live ORACLE

if you are Oracle Developer ,than this Blog most likely will make you happy.

About my Blog

This Blog particularized for Oracle Developers ... you will see interesting Codes for SQL , PL/SQL as well as new ideas for Developer Suite and Client Tools that will help you in your professional life ... and I hope I reach for your satisfaction.

About Me

I'm Hany Freedom , 25 years old , I live in EL-Minia City in Egypt , I'm Moderator at ArabOUG.org the best Arabic Forum for ORACLE on the Net. if you interested to know more about me .... just Click Here.

Aliasing from Assigning Cursor Variables to Same Work Area


DECLARE
TYPE empcurtyp IS REF CURSOR;
c1 EMPCURTYP;
c2 EMPCURTYP;
PROCEDURE Get_emp_data
(emp_cv1 IN OUT EMPCURTYP,
emp_cv2 IN OUT EMPCURTYP)
IS
emp_rec employees%ROWTYPE;
BEGIN
OPEN emp_cv1 FOR
SELECT *
FROM employees;
emp_cv2 := emp_cv1;
FETCH emp_cv1 INTO emp_rec; -- fetches first row
FETCH emp_cv1 INTO emp_rec; -- fetches second row
FETCH emp_cv2 INTO emp_rec; -- fetches third row
CLOSE emp_cv1;
dbms_output.Put_line('The following raises an invalid cursor');
-- FETCH emp_cv2 INTO emp_rec; raises invalid cursor when get_emp_data is called
END;
BEGIN
Get_emp_data(c1,c2);
END;
/




OUTPUT:-

The following raises an invalid cursor

PL/SQL procedure successfully completed.


Share/Save/Bookmark

0 comments:

Post a Comment



Newer Posts Older Posts Home Page
 
http://www.dpriver.com/images/sqlpp-banner-2.png

Thanks for reading my Blog ... you Visitor Number :-